Tuesday 12 July 2016

Revealing the Beauty.............

“If we look at the world with a love of life, the world will reveal its beauty to us.” ~Daisaku Ikeda


I have always loved that scene in American Beauty when Ricky Fitts shows his video of a plastic bag blowing in the wind.

He’s the complete opposite of his neighbor Lester Burnham, who seems to have decided long ago to live life in a comatose state of submission, completely disconnected from authentic joy.

Ricky seems inspired by everything that most people simply overlook. He explains of his bag video:

“It was one of those days when it’s a minute away from snowing and there’s this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes.

“And that’s the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and… this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video’s a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember—and I need to remember. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in.”

Though it can look different for all of us, I suspect this is the feeling we all wait for in life: a sense that there’s boundless beauty out there, and that we all have the capacity to feel, channel, explore, and express it.

We all want to feel moved, and then to use those feelings to create love, joy, passion, and purpose.


Arc

No comments:

Post a Comment